TERMS OF REFERENCE OF RESEARCH SUB-COMMITTEE
1. Professionalise IFFTI research paper
presentation and ensure appropriate international recognition to the
IFFTI Journal. There is a need to have a Ã¢â‚¬Å“citation indexÃ¢â‚¬Â and Ã¢â‚¬Å“impact
factorÃ¢â‚¬Â journal to satisfy the promotion requirements of some
2. Compile a materials library for hosting on the IFFTI website. The process to include:Ã¢â‚¬â€œ
(a) Preparation of an inventory of collection of garments, textiles, footwear, accessories, etc. among IFFTI members and categorize them according to accessibility.
(b) Identifying 50 leading collections accessible to researchers.
(c) Identifying 10 portals that have catalogued collections.
(d) List collections that are digital and accessible.
3. Research within fashion is a new concept. The focus of IFFTI should be on more layered research encompassing culture and design. Over the next 5 years IFFTI should become an authority on research in Design and Culture and lay down its own guidelines for institutions to follow. Keeping this in view prepare a road map for future direction of IFFTI Research.
4. Build a network for graduate student supervision.
5. Conduct a separate Workshop on Research at each IFFTI Annual Conference to allow continuation of Research Themes from previous Conferences and also introduction of new Research Themes.
|1.||Prof. Anthony Kent (Chair)||Nottingham Trent University, UK|
|2.||Prof.J.R.Campbell (Deputy Chair)||Kent State University , USA|
|3.||Dr. Clemens Thornquist||Swedish School of textiles, Sweden|
|4.||Mrs. Lucie Huiskens||ArtEZ Institute of the Arts, Fashion Department, The Netherlands|
|5.||Prof. and Dr. Henry, Yi LI||The University of Manchester, UK|
|6.||Isabel Garcia Hiljding||The ISEM Fashion Business School, Spain|
|7.||Prof. JosÃƒÂ© Teunissen||London College of Fashion, UK|
|8.||Dr. Traci Lamar||North Carolina State University, USA|
|9.||Prof. Alan Murray||Falmouth University, UK|
|10.||Dr Tiziana Ferrero-Regis||Queensland University of Technology (QUT), Australia|
|11.||Prof. Ulrike Nagele||AMD Akademie Mode & Design, Germany|
|12.||Theresia Grevinga||Saxion University of Applied Science, The Netherlands|
|13.||Dr.Natascha Radclyffe-Thomas||London College of Fashion, UK|
|14.||Prof.Dr.Jochen StrÃƒÂ¤hle||Reutlingen University, USA|
|15.||Dr.Katherine Annett-Hitchcock||North Carolina State University, USA|
|16.||Dr. Amanda Briggs-Goode||Nottingham Trent University, UK|
|17.||Professor David Zajtmann||Institut Francais de la Mode, France|
|18.||Minyoung Suh||North Carolina State University, USA|
|19.||Dr Angela Finn||RMIT University|
|20.||Dr Naomi Braithwaite||Nottingham Trent University, Nottingham UK|
|21.||Dr Yoko Takagi||Bunka Gakuen University, Tokyo|
|22.||Mirsini Trigoni||London College of Fashion UAL|
|23.||Liz Gee||London College of Fashion UAL|
|24.||Professor Danielle Bruggeman||ArtEZ University of the Arts, Arnhem|
|25.||Dr. Archana Gandhi||National Institute of Fashion Technology, India|